Association Management Company is seeking full-time employee to serve as a Membership and Meetings Coordinator. Excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Handles projects related to membership and assistance with meeting support including the duties listed below as well as other related items as needed by the staff team.
- Coordinate all aspects of annual conference registration including maintaining the registration system, following up with unpaid registrations, handling exhibitor/sponsor and speaker registrations - Respond to inquiries regarding the conference - Assist with speaker arrangements as needed - Print and coordinate name badges, tickets, ribbons - Assist with thank you letters to exhibitors, sponsors, speakers - Compile conference payables, speaker honorariums, travel expenses, etc. for processing - Organize session folders, pocket signs, etc. - Prepare abstract text for publication - Coordinate volunteer sign-ups and onsite tasks - Assist with other conference logistics as needed
- Serve as initial point of contact for member inquiries - Process new member applications - Assists new members with toolkits, answering questions, getting website access - Generate, prepare, and send out invoices for billing, dues renewal, etc. - Drop lapsed members from the database - Execute daily membership database maintenance
- Process membership dues receipts - Compile and code accounts payable for processing - Process daily cash receipts
Volunteer Support and Other functions
- Maintain leadership directory - Coordinate scheduling of leadership and volunteer calls - Assist in preparation of meeting materials as appropriate - Coordinate elections process including collecting profiles and creating ballot survey - Attend and participate in task force or other calls with volunteers as needed
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries - Serve as first point person for general calls and inquiries - Make basic updates to the website - Distribute emails for education events as directed - Coordinate scheduling of all GoToMeeting activity
Ability to travel overnight to three events annually for a total of 11 – 12 days over the course of the year. Otherwise, the normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the offices of Raybourn Group International.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed, as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Supervision and performance evaluations of this position shall be the responsibility of the Executive Director.
Applicant should demonstrate the ability to coordinate all phases of member service and support events, working in close harmony with the Executive Director and other staff, and have:
- Ability to produce professional documents using MS Office programs especially Word and Excel; - Ability in interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; - Strong attention to detail while keeping the overall goals of a project in mind; - Ability to effectively handle multiple, concurrent tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines; - Confidence to engage with the team to reach common goals and solve problems; - Initiative to take on projects on your own and foresee potential problems and tasks; - Ability to use available resources to complete assignments; - Willingness to continually learn new things; - Ability to recognize potential problems and develop a solution; - Ability to deliver excellent, solution-focused customer service via email, in person, and on the phone; - Discipline to successfully work without close supervision; - Ability to efficiently work in database systems; - Preferably worked with associations, as a staff member or volunteers, and have been in public-facing customer service roles; - Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related work experience.
About Raybourn Group International
Placing your organization in the care and custody of an association management company is a significant statement of trust. You can count on our professional staff to respect your past efforts and to be a caring, faithful partner for the future. Our corporate culture is defined by hard work, fair play and attention to detail. The RGI staff professionals are carefully selected to meet the needs of the association for which they work and are trained to manage a world-class organization with the enthusiasm needed to inspire, motivate and lead your industry or profession.
Copyright 2017 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.