The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association which serves a growing membership of more than 53,000 physician anesthesiologists, medical students and care team members. At ASA, we strive to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources. Colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of our members and strive to implement and enhance policies that benefit physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. At ASA we’re collaborative, dedicated to our members, committed to excellence and continuously improving. As a testament to these values we were named one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2018 and 2017, and a winner of the 2018 and 2017 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®. To further strengthen the organization, we’re seeking individuals who are talented, knowledgeable, motivated and agile. If these qualities resonate with you, you may be the perfect addition to our growing staff!
The ASA IT Project Management Office (PMO) and the IT Project Managers play central roles in much of the activity within the Information Technology department. From managing IT projects from concept to deployment through coordination and leadership in many operational activities such as releases, environment refreshes, backlog grooming, sprint planning and project/spring retrospectives that are part of our agile development methodology. The IT Project Manager is versatile role at ASA.
This position leads the project team, product owners and the business stakeholders within the framework of approved PMO projects to create Information Technology solutions in support of ASA IT strategies.
The IT Project Manager works the product owners in the Digital Product Management department to fulfill business analysis functions including the gathering and documentation of business requirements, user stories and develop UI mockups and designs. This position also performs the development and implementation of system documentation and system training for staff.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Provide technical project management to various ASA’s business areas, managing the entire lifecycle of the project from business case development to design, build, QA and deployment.
· Manage technology projects within project budget, scope, and timelines while adhering to the business and technical requirements. Also responsible for the ultimate quality of the technical solution along with the rest of the project team.
· Work within the ASA Project Management Office (PMO) structure to delivering against a prioritized project portfolio. Effective and timely communication to project team members, peers, stakeholders and management on project status, accomplishments, tasks, issues and risks to the project.
· In rotation with other IT Project Managers, coordinate operational activities within the IT department associated with ASA’s agile development methodology, including sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint retrospectives and coordination of releases and environment refreshes.
· Act as primary liaison with external consultants and external service providers when needed within the context of a project, including contract negotiations, invoice review and approval and coordination of all meetings, status updates, discussions of project risks, etc.
· Develop processes, procedures & documentation to be used by staff for technology developed within IT projects at ASA.
· Provide feedback and insight on the ASA PMO methodology to form a continuous improvement feedback loop to ensure that ASA is adapting its processes, procedures and structure to be as effective as possible.
· Work with Product Owners to perform business analyst functions such as develop user stories, requirements gathering, and create workflow diagrams while managing technology projects.
· Occasionally provide project management services to ASA business stakeholders who have project needs that do not involve Information Technology.
· Occasionally assist with QA and testing efforts as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in managing projects through Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Must be able to manage multiple projects from start to finish, concurrently with little to no supervision.
· Minimum 3 years of technical project management experience with Enterprise-wide business systems implementation.
· Experience as a business analyst or business systems analyst is preferred.
· Must have worked with both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
· Experience in Microsoft Office 365 is required.
· Experience in SharePoint, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project is preferred.
· Experience working with Personify or other AMS systems is preferred.
· Experience leading inter-departmental projects. Ability to think innovatively, lead technical solution meetings amongst IT staff and business staff, and ensure proper implementation.
· Ability to explain policies and procedures and establish effective working relationships is required amongst project team members, internal IT staff and different business functional areas.
· Effective problem solving, conflict management and meeting facilitation abilities are required.
· Ability to organize work, prioritize tasks and meet project deadlines is required.
· Ability to develop professional-grade project documentation to support the lifecycle of the project.
· Ability to analyze data, communicates with stakeholders, and develop recommendations for solving problems that are feasible within the existing environment.
About American Society of Anesthesiologists
The American Society of Anesthesiologists® (ASA) is a medical association which serves a growing membership of more than 52,000 physician anesthesiologists, medical students and care team members. At ASA, we strive to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources.
With more than 170 employees in Schaumburg, Illinois and Washington D.C., the collaborative nature of our organization encourages us to appreciate each contribution, unique expertise and the vast knowledge that every individual brings to the table. We’re dedicated to our members because they’re dedicated to their patients, and we strive to create an outstanding experience to help them succeed in their practice. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily to-do list—we set high expectations, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Our desire to keep improving is the proverbial wind beneath our wings; we seek feedback, pursue knowledge and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
As a testament to these values we were named one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2018 and 2017, and a ...winner of the 2017 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®. Colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of our members and strive to implement and enhance policies that benefit physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. To continue strengthening the organization, we’re seeking individuals who are talented, knowledgeable, motivated and agile. If these qualities resonate with you, you may be the perfect addition to our growing staff!
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.