American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women’s health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking an Accounting Manager, Financial Service Center (FSC) to manage the day-to-day operations of the FSC. The FSC provides financial reporting and other accounting services for all of ACOG’s 80+ Districts and Sections.
1. Prepare monthly financial statements for districts and sections of ACOG.
2. Prepare bank reconciliations monthly. Prepare journal entries related to monthly closing including: cash, investments, intercompany, dues and various accruals.
3. Review deposits and enter cash receipts into the accounting software.
4. Prepare annual budget materials for districts and sections. Assist district and section treasurers with preparation of annual budgets, including review of budgets for annual district meetings with College’s meetings department.
5. Assist with the planning and present at the annual Treasurers Conference each January. Purpose of conference is to train new district and section officers in their duties as fiduciaries of ACOG.
6. Administer endowment funds maintained by the College’s districts and sections, including periodic reconciliation and reporting of endowment activity. Assist district and section officers with budgeting for use of funds based on the fund purpose. Assist District and Section officers with the set-up of new endowment funds as needed.
7. Prepare Best Practices manual, a compendium of financial information related to the operations of the College’s districts and sections. The Best Practices manual is prepared annually.
8. Work closely with ACOG meetings department in planning annual district meetings. Assist with contract negotiations and budget preparation. Assist meetings staff in monitoring meeting revenues and expenses prior to meetings to prevent significant financial losses.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related discipline.
Eight (8) to ten (10) years of related experience with some superviosry experience.
Knowledge of accounting principles and tax law related to not-for-profit organizations.
Ability to interact positively with member/volunteer officers in management of their district and section financial affairs.
Availability to travel in mid-January for Treasurers Conference.
Knowledge of Sage Intacct desirable.
Home to more than 58,000 women’s health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women’s health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you’re part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women’s health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women’s health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women’s health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.