Education and Training, Membership, Project Management/Program Development
4 Year Degree
The CAS is seeking an experienced coordinator to assist the Manager of Professional Education by providing support for a variety of programs designed to inform and educate CAS members and other interested parties.
Title: Professional Education Coordinator
Reports to: Manager of Professional Education
Scope of Responsibilities
The Professional Education Coordinator (PEC) will assist the Professional Education Department’s team to enhance and implement organizational vision as established in the Casualty Actuarial Society’s (CAS) Strategic Plan. The coordinator is responsible for ensuring on-going programming excellence and assisting in various educational initiatives. The position coordinates and supports a variety of professional education projects and programs throughout the year, which are designed to inform and educate the CAS and other interested parties.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Serve as staff liaison for the Limited Attendance Seminar, Underwriting Collaboration Seminar, Continuing Education Audit and In Focus Seminar Planning Committees.
2. Assist with managing the maintenance and development of content on the Professional Education Department’s WebPages.
3. Assist with the management of the University of CAS, (UCAS) the CAS Learning Management System, answer questions related to the UCAS and assist with troubleshooting technical issues.
4. Assist with research and evaluation activities as it relates to professional education programming.
5. Assist with the production and delivery of promotional materials for various educational events.
6. Work with staff and key stakeholders to ensure consistent, high-quality project management of various yearly programs.
7. Assist with the management of the society’s content management system.
8. Provide support on other professional education projects as needed.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in an association/non-profit organization.
• Experience working with association volunteers and a concentration in online education is highly desirable.
• Strong project management and written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to plan, track and perform multiple tasks; must be able to manage multiple priorities and maintain high attention to detail.
• Strong service orientation with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in using e-mail communication, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and databases.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with senior-level business professionals.
CAS offers competitive salary, excellent benefits including flexible working, and metro location.
For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements to Elizabeth Murray, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CAS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time Job closing date: December 2nd, 2019
About Casualty Actuarial Society
CAS is a not-for-profit professional membership organization conveniently located within walking distance to the Ballston Metro stop in Arlington, VA.
The purpose of the Casualty Actuarial Society is to advance the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty and similar risk exposures, to establish and maintain standards of qualification for membership, to promote and maintain high standards of conduct and competence for the members, and to increase the awareness of actuarial science. The CAS has over 9,000 members worldwide.
The CAS Office, consisting of 41 staff, supports membership functions, volunteers, bi-annual examinations, a number of continuing education opportunities, and bi-annual meetings of the membership, among many other things. We offer a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including 401(k), pension, flexible working schedule, parking (or metro equivalent) and many other benefits.
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.