The American Foreign Service Protective Association (AFSPA) is seeking a Manager of Strategic Engagement to join our team. The ideal candidate is driven and innovative with strong experience in working effectively with senior decision makers and leaders as it pertains to strategy development and operations. This role calls for a balance of effective collaborative leadership and experience working in a matrix environment. This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation package which includes heath, life, short- and long-term disability, a generous 401 (K) match and much more.
This position leads all strategic planning efforts for the organization and ensures alignment of all AFSPA products and services to organizational goals.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Act as internal process lead for organization-wide strategic planning at AFSPA
2. Work with Senior Management Team and other key staff on adoption and implementation of plan, incorporating ongoing feedback from team.
3. Develop, launch, and manage process for employee working groups creating strategies and tactics meant to accomplish AFSPA’s Key Performance Area (KPA) goals.
4. Create and coordinate vetting process for the development and approval of new AFSPA products and services to ensure alignment with organizational strategic plan.
· Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or Management
· At least 3+ years of proven experience as a strategic planner or acting as a consultant on major strategic planning projects, project management and strategy development experience
· Strong ability to quickly build trust with individuals and groups, internally and externally and comfortability managing up and across the organization
· Leadership and mastery with use of Balanced Scorecard experience preferred
Please click on or copy and paste the URL into your web browser in order to apply directly to AFSPA.
A Cover Letter and Resume are required for consideration. Resumes submissions without a cover letter included will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
AFSPA is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
About American Foreign Service Protective Association
Established in 1929, the Protective Association is devoted to providing insurance and services specifically tailored to the unique needs of Foreign Service and other Executive Branch personnel.
The Protective Association’s distinguished reputation is based on our experience, our diversity of insurance programs and services, and our exemplary customer service. We service over 30,000 members with the Protective Association size between 75-99 employees. We offer great benefits to our employees; health, dental and life insurance, paid time off, discretionary rewards and bonuses, retirement 401(K) plan, along with many others benefits.
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.