Administrative, Clerical, Support, Customer Service and Support, Project Management/Program Development
To apply, please visit: https://spsp.wufoo.com/forms/q1ljbgpv08yl7zy/
Manage and support the Leadership Services functions to include Governance activities in support of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director, Awards, Grants and Fellow programs. Provide exceptional customer service to all individuals participating in governance, awards, and fellow programs. Serve as a staff liaison to assigned committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for day-to-day operations of the governance process to include, elections, appointments, call for volunteers, meeting management, reporting, data integrity and history tracking.
· Serve as the primary resource and custodian for all governance activities in support of the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
· Facilitates the development and periodic review of resources/policies on all facets of association governance, management, and operations.
· Supports all staff liaisons in their roles managing the various governing bodies and membership groups (i.e. Board of Directors, Committees, Review Panels).
· Collaborates with the President and Executive Director to monitor strategic direction of the governing group, facilitate the completion of the governing group’s responsibilities, and provide progress reports to leadership.
· Manage the fellows process.
· Serve as point of contact to the Fellows Committee and guide them in completing their roles and responsibilities.
· Maintain history and liaison with other departments to promote the fellows program.
Awards and Grants (40%)
Manage the awards process (to include the annual awards, travel awards, small research and conference grants, international bridge-building grants).
Serve as point of contact to the Awards Committee and Review Panels and guide them in completing their roles and responsibilities
Maintain history and liaison with other departments to promote the fellows program.
Customer Service (5%)
· Serve as the primary customer service agent for functional areas above.
· Promote and enforce the highest member service standards possible in responding to inquiries, requests, and comments.
· Assist with additional needs for all meeting and membership related inquiries.
Monitor the online customer chat system and respond to inquiries from website visitors and emails.
Associate degree or at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
Minimum of three years of prior related experience working in an association.
Individual scientific membership association experience working committees.
General Skills & Abilities
(Interpersonal, Language, Math, Reasoning, etc.)
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Strong attention to detail
· Superior organizational and time management skills with the demonstrated ability to multi-task and successfully manage high-stress situations
· High level of initiative and problem solving skills
Demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity of people and ideas in the field of social psychology and personality psychology
Knowledge of Association Management systems; Project Management software; Microsoft Office products.
· Knowledge of Association Management Information Systems (preferably NOAH); Microsoft Teams.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Society for Personality and Social Psychology
SPSP – the Society for Personality and Social Psychology – is a professional membership association with a US and international membership of approximately 7,000 psychologists, students, and others who share a common interest in social and personality psychology.
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.