The Senior Policy Advisor’s primary responsibilities are to conduct research and policy analysis, assist in the management of policy committees, and undertake special projects to support the Associate Vice President, Housing Finance Policy, as well as the Director for Secondary and Capital Markets and the Assistant Director for Housing Finance Policy. The incumbent supports in the drafting and review of issue papers, comment letters, and briefing materials for meetings and conferences. The incumbent also supports the operations of multiple policy committees focused on loan production, government housing programs, and capital markets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide research, analysis, and general policy/advocacy support to the Associate Vice President, Housing Finance Policy, as well as the Director for Secondary and Capital Markets and the Assistant Director for Housing Finance Policy. Duties will include assisting in the management of relevant policy committees, subcommittees, working groups, and task forces, and assisting in the planning and preparation of materials for related MBA conferences and webinars. Primary issue coverage including, but is not limited to: HUD/FHA/Ginnie Mae, VA, USDA/RHS, FHFA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Banks.
2. Analyze and report on policy issue developments, both orally and in writing, as directed.
3. Compose routine correspondence and written materials for review, as directed.
4. Assist with the management of certain MBA member policy groups, including, but not limited to: the Residential Loan Production Committee, the Secondary and Capital Markets Committee, the FHA Subcommittee, the VA Working Group, the RHS Working Group, and the REIT Executive Council.
5. Assist in maintaining certain policy committee webpages on the MBA website.
6. Prepare talking points, issue papers, and other background materials on specific topics for review.
7. Assist with coordinating the production of issue papers.
8. Assist Policy staff in the preparation for conferences/briefings.
9. Assist Policy staff in representing MBA with various outside constituents.
10. Respond to routine inquiries regarding information on policy issues.
11. Maintain appropriate records, files, and resource materials. Other duties as assigned. This position description should not be construed to contain every function and/or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions as assigned.
College degree required. Two or more years of related industry, government, or policy experience preferred. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, preferred. Candidate must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) is the national association representing the real estate finance industry. As an organization, we are committed to providing our members with unmatched value and unparalleled benefits. In doing so, we recognize that our most valuable resource is our employees. We have developed a positive and progressive culture, actively encouraging every MBA staff member to commit to our strategic objectives, to develop their own abilities and to share in our success. Recognition for individual and professional achievement at the Mortgage Bankers Association is a must and reinforced by a competitive benefits program and career growth opportunities.
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.