The Controller leads and directs the organization's accounting functions.
The Controller establishes and maintains the organization's overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies; directs all analysis and reporting of financial information including budgets, planning, and required filings and reports; and presents findings and recommendations to the CFO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare semi-monthly employee payroll and all requisite tax reporting and corresponding fringe benefits to include 401(k), FSA, and HSA transactions.
2. Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements; maintain internal controls and safeguards for all financial transactions; and manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
3. Prepare and analyze financial data and present monthly financial reports in a timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; and monitor progress and changes to keep management abreast of the association’s financial status.
4. Coordinate all audit and tax return activity.
5. Assist the organization’s leadership and staff in the annual budgeting process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
Expert knowledge of non-profit accounting processes and procedures. Familiarity with budget systems and processes. Solid interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to work interdepartmentally with a cooperative spirit. Problem solver with the capacity to make decisions and communicate those decisions with tact and professionalism. Strong multi-tasking skills. Effective project management, planning, and organization skills. Ability to work autonomously with initiative. Ability to learn processes and procedures without detailed guidance and specific directions. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, financial software applications and tools, and experience in an Association Management Systems and Dynamics GP. Understanding of VBA, Power Pivot, and Power BI a plus.
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.