Marketing and Communications Specialist - Schaumburg, IL - Flexible Hybrid Schedule
American Society of Anesthesiologists
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Type: Full Time
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Telecommuting is allowed.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST – SCHAUMBURG, IL
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 155 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists values the safety of our employees, our members, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
Under the supervision of the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing and Communications Specialist assists with the development and execution of strategic, audience, and benefit-focused marketing and communications plans for key elements of ASA’s product and program portfolio. Takes primary responsibility for implementing promotional tactics in accordance with established communications plans, monitors campaign KPIs, and other data to ensure success and adjusts plans as necessary. Collaborates interdepartmentally and with appropriate members and governance bodies to ensure buy-in and to procure necessary input and review for creative materials and copy. This position helps develop and lead the marketing and communications strategy for ASA’s ANESTHESIOLOGY® annual meeting, including goal setting, budgeting, and execution. This includes guiding, consulting, and reporting on recommended approaches with the Marketing and Communications team and other business units. Supports in the execution of promotional tactics across marketing and communication plans as needed. Work with external vendors for key projects.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Assist with the creation of strategic marketing and communications plans to achieve ASA goals. Efforts include data analysis, marketing research reporting, SWOT analysis, competitive and environmental scans, messaging frameworks, creative briefs, communications calendars, etc.
· Develop and create promotional materials and implement multichannel tactical elements, including email, direct mail, social media, copywriting, web publication, multimedia, content creation, advertising, etc. Ensure items are produced and deployed on time and on budget.
· Fully manage the communication efforts (from strategy through execution) for specifically assigned products or programs within the ASA portfolio.
· Identify, monitor, and report on key performance indicators for marketing campaigns to ensure achievement of desired results (e.g., sales revenue, registrations). Provide insights and report on campaign performance (e.g., email metrics, conversions) at appropriate frequency. Make recommendations for tactical adjustments to meet goals.
· Maintain the holistic digital advertising strategy, including budget allocation, across all areas of the portfolio. Employ leading-edge approaches to place and report on digital advertising, including paid social, retargeting, SEO, adwords, etc. Activate processes and workflow for maximum efficiency and utilize modern reporting tools to monitor and communicate campaign performance.
· Use Google Analytics and Search Engine Marketing – including Adword campaigns and third-party digital advertising, email and web analytics, to monitor and report on campaign performance and adjust campaigns as needed.
· Stay current on modern marketing principles and practices and innovative marketing trends that can be incorporated into ASA campaigns to help marketing effectiveness and revenue.
· Create, curate, and publish web content to support product lines and audience needs.
· Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager with setting and monitoring communications budgets.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a marketing role required. Association and/or advertising agency experience preferred.
· Experience with marketing automation platforms, especially HigherLogic, Real Magnet, or Informz, required. Strong copywriting and proofreading skills desired.
· Experience with content management software, such as SiteCore, desired.
· Direct experience with planning and executing online advertising campaigns, with demonstrated results, required.
· Event or product marketing desired.
· Verbal and written communication styles are clear, descriptive, and direct. Presentation skills and experience desired.
· Strong attention to detail, with a focus on producing quality, error-free work.
· Ability to plan out a project, determine requirements, set achievable and realistic deadlines, mange expectations, manage change and deliver results.
· Ability to handle multiple projects at various stages is essential.
· Strong service and quality orientation to clients, colleagues and members.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.