EXECUTIVE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER – SCHAUMBURG, IL – FLEXIBLE HYBRID SCHEDULE
American Society of Anesthesiologists
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Type: Full Time
EXECUTIVE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER – SCHAUMBURG, IL – FLEXIBLE HYBRID SCHEDULE
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 155 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists values the safety of our employees, our members, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
ASA offers flexible hybrid home-and-office work arrangements and so much more! As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Executive Communications Manager serves as the key communications partner to the CEO, President, President Elect and other key staff and society leaders. The manager will develop and uphold a unique voice and tone, appropriate for key leaders and situational context, and will uphold ASA’s brand standards and writing style in all communications, from correspondence to published content. The position will also be expected to be comfortable creating leadership-level content across a variety of platforms, ranging from social media to PowerPoint presentations. The manager will be expected to demonstrate an exceptionally high degree of professionalism and discretion.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Monitor, field, and draft responses to correspondence that comes into the President’s email inbox.
· Manage social media messaging and content recommendations for key leaders (e.g., ASA President, President Elect, and CEO), in alignment and collaboration with centralized social media strategy and stakeholders.
· Working with the President, CEO and others as needed, draft the weekly Monday Morning Outreach email, maintaining strict deadlines.
· Own the content development and overall process to research, update and, when necessary, customize the ASA Update PowerPoint presentation that ASA’s elected leaders give to a variety of important stakeholder organizations (e.g., state component societies, subspecialty societies); manage stakeholder review and revision process.
· Draft the CEO’s weekly email to staff. Compile the weekly CEO Update from reports provided by ASA department leaders.
· In collaboration with the Online Community and Social Channels Manager, develop content elements and resource library (e.g., member spotlights, committee resources) to drive community discussion and interaction.
· Work with the President, President Elect, CEO, staff leadership and others as needed to draft leadership reports and presentations for ASA Governance meetings.
· Work with ASA’s President, President Elect and CEO to author articles for ASA or external media properties.
· Compile high-level summaries after each BOD and HOD meeting that outline key decisions and actions and that will be distributed to a variety of audiences.
· Work with the President, President Elect, CEO, and departments across ASA to write and coordinate production of the ASA Annual Report.
· Work with the President, CEO, and others as needed to write timely “Message from the President” alerts to ASA membership.
· Copyedit and proofread written materials (e.g., promotions, articles, governance documents). Develop processes and documents via Standard Operating Procedures.
· Assist Director of Public Relations with speaker remarks and speechwriting for key member and staff leaders.
· Assist in taking testimony at BOD review committee hearings and HOD reference committee hearings. Serve as backup to write review/reference committee reports at BOD and HOD meetings.
· Publish web content as needed via web content management platform, Sitecore.
· Bachelor's degree required, preferably in English or Journalism. Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of experience working in a media or public relations environment, with high level communications preferred (Ability to supply writing and/or other content samples).
· Familiarity with digital communications, and digital and social networking technologies (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, web videos, blogging, etc.), particularly as they can be employed for leadership messaging.
· Understanding of the use of style guides and brand standards, and the discipline to adhere to organizational requirements.
· Experience with copyediting and proofreading.
· Experience with web content management systems.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, PowerPoint Excel, and Outlook. Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat highly desired.
· Highly developed interpersonal skills, demonstrating confidence and poise with a strong member-service orientation.
· Ability to craft messaging strategies from the perspective of organizational leaders that complement and support broader organizational messaging objectives.
· Ability to work cross departmentally and collaboratively and to bridge between staff members and volunteers.
· Ability to work with top organization leaders and maintain their confidence
· Ability to manage projects from start to finish, maintain high level of organization and ability to multi-task effectively, managing overlapping projects. Strong follow-through to meet deadlines.
· Ability to act independently within company policy, and in accordance with guidelines established by ASA Marketing & Communications.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.