Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
Type: Full Time
Research and Information
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
The Research Analyst works as part of CASE’s data and analytics team, supporting AMAtlas – CASE’s global resource for educational advancement-related metrics, benchmarks and analytics. The Research Analyst supports the work of the global AMAtlas team, focusing on administering surveys; cleaning and analyzing data; and developing data visualizations and reports. The research analyst provides support for CASE members, volunteers, and partners engaged in research initiatives. Some conference travel required. The Research Analyst will work closely with colleagues in CASE’s global offices in Washington D.C., London, Mexico City, and Singapore. Position can be situated in any CASE global office or in Perth, Australia.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Programs and administers surveys using various survey and research applications.
• Cleans and verifies survey data and assembles tables, charts, and infographics.
• Helps to prepare presentations and data reports and drafts text for reports, whitepapers and other research publications.
• Collaborates with communications and marketing staff to engage CASE members in online communities, responding to queries, sharing resources, and initiating discussions.
• Provides support to CASE members participating in surveys and with other inquires related to AMAtlas products/services.
• Presentations of research findings at CASE and sector conferences.
Professional and Organizational Knowledge
The position requires that the incumbent quickly develop a deep understanding of CASE, its policies and procedures and an understanding of the culture and regional and divisional interdependencies.
The position requires a deep understanding and respect for the organization’s systems and workflow.
· Works cooperatively and diplomatically with all divisions and regions. · Liaises with CASE colleagues in other parts of the world to ensure the best sharing of ideas, expertise and knowledge. · Incorporates tasks and/or projects related to objectives as directed by the CASE Strategic Plan. · Helps to coordinate global research initiatives and collaborates closely with colleagues in CASE’s London, Mexico City, and Singapore offices.
· In keeping with the CASE Values Statement, ensures that CASE is well represented by exercising a high degree of professionalism, accuracy, and ethics, in all activities, services, and products.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in statistics, data science, computer science, information technology, library science, social science, economics, business administration, or related discipline preferred. At least three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a research or project management position with experience in survey management, data analysis, report writing, is preferred as well as experience working in a professional environment with a focus on member/customer service. An interest in and an understanding of educational advancement across the regions in which CASE works.
Skills and Abilities: · A demonstrated interest in advancing education to transform lives and society. · A strong commitment to contributing to an organizational culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. · An understanding of and interest in engaging with a broad range of cultures and countries · Experience in administration of online surveys, data cleaning and analysis, and reporting.
· Must have strong technical proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. · Familiarity with use of R for data analysis/visualizations preferred. · Must have strong project management and detail-orientation skills that provide the ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines. · Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to conduct online research and assess and summarize complex information for a variety of different target audiences. · Experience conducting secondary research using databases and online tools. · Ability to develop work plans and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, according to budget, deadlines, and the demands of collaboration. · Ability to work as a team player in a rapid response research environment, by assisting with idea formulation, research scoping, project planning, research design, and member customer response. · A pro-active and can-do attitude, even when working under pressure and with all levels of staff. · Participation in delivery, planning, and member engagement for a variety of CASE activities within the regional office where the position is based, in coordination with the Executive Director of the region.
About Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
CASE is a global not-for-profit and membership association whose vision is to advance education to transform lives and society. Its mission is to be the home for communities of advancement professionals and to inspire, challenge and equip them to act effectively and with integrity to champion the success of their institutions. CASE defines the competencies and standards for the profession of advancement, leading and championing their dissemination and application with over 97,000 advancement professionals at 3,100 member institutions in 80 countries.
Broad and growing communities of professional practice gather under the global CASE umbrella. Currently these include alumni relations, development services, digital, communications, fundraising, government relations, marketing, and web. These professionals are at all stages of their career and may be working in universities, schools, colleges, cultural entities or other not-for-profits. CASE membership also includes many corporate partners. CASE uses the intellectual capital and professional talents of an army of volunteers to advance its work.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CASE works across all continents from its r...egional offices in London, Singapore, and Mexico City. CASE works to achieve a seamless experience for all its stakeholders: particularly its members, volunteers, and staff. Working together across time zones and borders, CASE staff in all offices seek to make the ambitious OneCASE aspiration a reality.
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.