The American Bankers Association is the banking industry's champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People - ABA experts are the "go to" sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale - ABA's unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven - ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
The Executive Assistant (EA), Operations & Finance (O&F), provides direct support to the Chief Financial Officer in managing the day-to-day operations of the division’s support team. This includes support of the division’s requisition, contracting, and vendor verification workflows.
The role also provides administrative and logistical support for ABA Board committees, including Audit, Budget, Investment Advisory Committee, and Committees related to the Financial Services Standards operations. In addition, the EA O&F coordinates the annual renewal process of ABA’s property and casualty insurance coverage. The role manages one junior administrative support team member for O&F.
• Effectively manage and nurture one staff member.
• Coordinate Board Committee meetings and communications for Committees whose staff liaison resides in O&F (Budget, Audit, Investment Advisory Committee IAC, etc.). Responsibilities include developing agendas, gathering and disseminating meeting materials via the OnBoard platform, organizing conference calls, establishing meeting dates, and send communications to Board members regarding schedules.
• Handle logistical support including arrangements for receptions and off-site meetings for O&F and the IAC.
• Assist the SVP, Financial Services Standards as needed on Board and Committee support.
•Assemble documentation and signatures required to communicate instructions between investment managers and custodian.
• Support O&F disbursements and contractual relationships and needs:
Prepare requisitions, purchase order entries, and process invoices for payment for various O&F departments.
Process contracts in the Novatus/Conga contract management system.
Reconcile monthly charges against one procurement card.
• Support internal controls by processing all Supplier/Vendor Verification verifications.
• On a monthly basis, track and re-forecast the budget of the office of CFO ($1.3M budget).
• Yearly, develop agendas and setup meetings with Chief Officers/EVPs for Budget discussions.
ABA PROPERTY & CASUALTY LIABILITY INSURANCE
• Handle the annual renewal of ABA’s property and casualty liability insurance, including D&O, Workers Compensation, Fiduciary, Cyber, etc.
• Complete insurance broker applications and gather required information for submission to ABA’s insurance broker.
• Process the payment of premiums.
• Serve as the point of contact for various insurance related inquiries, including requests for Certificates of Insurance.
• Serve as main contact for ABA’s credit card program.
• Process applications via Bank of Montreal’s website.
• Track past due accounts and send reminders.
• Assist the CFO and O&F leadership team in scheduling and organization of meetings, schedule appointments, and general administrative duties.
• Perform a variety of special assignments of a one-time or recurring nature.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Communications, or related field.
6+ years of experience supporting a department or supporting an Executive.
Experience tracking and managing budgets.
Strong judgment and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information ensuring discretion.
Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
Ability to work independently, as well as successfully within a team; strong customer service skills required.
Excellent attention to detail with strong planning and organization skills required.
Experience with Financial Management software packages; Workday strongly preferred.
Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
Experience with information gathering for complex, multi-source projects.
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
The American Bankers Association is the united voice of America’s hometown bankers—small, regional and large banks that together employ more than 2 million women and men, hold nearly $17 trillion in assets, safeguard $12.8 trillion in deposits and extend more than $9 trillion in loans. ABA believes that government policies should recognize the industry’s diversity. Laws and regulations should be tailored to correspond to a bank’s charter, business model, hometown markets and risk profile. This policymaking approach avoids the negative economic consequences of burdensome, unsuitable and inefficient bank regulation. Through a broad array of information, training, staff expertise and other resources, ABA supports America’s hometown bankers as they perform their critical role as drivers of America’s economic growth and job creation.
Copyright 2019 Colorado Society of Association Executives. This site content may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the Colorado Society of Association Executives.