The ATA Member Sales Representative is ready to help ATA promote and sell membership. After over 110 years serving members, ATA continues to evolve programming to meet member needs and serve as a hub of connection to products, business insights and partnerships to advance both individual businesses and the industry at large. As our members’ businesses change, so do the benefits they desire from membership. The Member Sales Representative works to identify member leads via engagement with other ATA programs as well as outside sources, and works with our CFO and Marketing to assist with promoting member benefits. The overarching goal is to grow the Associations’ net member growth year over year. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that is eligible for remote work.
- Maintains or exceeds member acquisition rates as defined in FY goals
- Effectively handles a high volume of business conversations with a wide variety of business owners and decision makers.
- Become knowledgeable of all ATA programs & member benefits, and able to translate those benefits to prospective members, thinking through how each benefit could match up with their specific needs.
- Monitors non-member customer engagement with programs to make them aware of benefits they could receive as members, in their sales efforts.
- Maintains active list of new member prospects and develop a tangible pipeline.
- Sends direct email communications out to both warm and cold leads for one-to-one sales efforts.
- Sends high-resolution digital member certificates upon request, as well as digital member badges for member websites.
- Works to contact via phone and email, non-member registrant lists for each event ATA produces or attends, to prospect members.
- Serves as a backup and is cross-trained with the Member Retention Coordinator.
- Coordinates with the Accounting department on member join payments & modifications.
- Submits account update requests when notified of changes in customer records, or to request new account creation.
- Learn and utilize netFORUM CRM and maintain account notes for each customer/prospect.
- Coordinates with the Member Programs team to be aware of upcoming events/ member programs, and to learn about markets that ATA serves. Able to articulate tangible/intangible benefits for each division.
- Works with Sales team members on onboarding and assigning of supplier/distributor members and conversion to advertisers/exhibitors
- Collaborates with the Marketing department for member onboarding campaigns and monthly member webinar.
- Travels to Expo and other shows as assigned for member sales & benefit promotion
- Participates in staff meetings and interacts with all departments as required to reach the goals of the membership department
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Associate degree and/or equivalent education experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of advanced education.
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience in sales. Project management experience or experience within an association or member-based organization a bonus
- Experience with data extraction from CRM/CMS systems and data analysis required
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Strong Excel experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills specific to direct sales and customer service
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to collaborate cross-departmentally
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of internal and external customers
- Self-motivated, organized, and willing to take ownership of projects/initiatives and learns quickly
- Travel up to 5%
- Must be able to lift 25 - 50 pounds (independently work trade show booths)
- Eligible for full-time remote with professional home workspace available
- Must reside within continental US with preference to a candidate local to Roseville, MN office
Advanced Textiles Association (ATA) is a member-owned, member-driven trade association representing the global industrial fabrics industry. We have been serving the specialty fabrics industry since 1912 when fourteen manufacturers of canvas and awnings met and formed the National Tent & Awnings Association. The manufacturers decided to establish the trade association, and since this first gathering, the association has expanded in scope and purpose, and changed its name more than once, to become the largest textile trade association in the world. ATA is the largest, most comprehensive trade association serving this industry, and provides value to its members through events, publications, education, networking, business resources, industry advocacy and more. We work with members to provide sourcing solutions and referrals throughout the sales and production cycle. We deliver timely industry content to help members stay informed about their marketplace and our divisions provide market-specific activities and benefits to members.