The Texas Academy of Physician Assistants (TAPA) invites the submission of proposals to provide full time Executive Director services to the organization. Currently we have an association management company that fulfills both the role of executive director and association management company. We are looking to separate the roles in order to streamline services rendered to TAPA. As such, you will see in the below description some responsibilities that may be more appropriate to one role than the other. When applying, please specify what services you feel would fall under your company’s purview.
The Texas Academy of Physician Assistants (TAPA) is a thriving group of over 2,500 Physician Assistants and students from all across the Lone Star State. TAPA was incorporated in Texas and established as a 501c6 non-profit organization in February 1975.
TAPA is a membership organization and is run by a volunteer Board of Directors (BOD). TAPA also has affiliations with the TAPA Political Action Committee (PA PAC) and the TAPA Foundation (a philanthropic arm of TAPA). TAPA is affiliated at the national level with the American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA). TAPA contracts services from a firm that provides legislative lobbying services and another that provides legal counsel. With the hiring of a new Executive Director, TAPA will require a new physical address/home office. We are looking for the right Executive Director to provide a seamless transition.
Physician Assistants (PAs) are healthcare professionals licensed to practice medicine with physician supervision. As part of their comprehensive responsibilities, PAs conduct physical exams, diagnose and treat illnesses, order and interpret tests, counsel on preventive health care, assist in surgery, and in virtually all states, write prescriptions. Within the physician-PA relationship, PAs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. A PA's practice may also include education, research, and administrative services.
TAPA Mission Statement To promote and advance the PA profession in Texas through advocacy, professional development, and engagement.
TAPA Vision Statement Create a thriving community of PAs who are leaders in healthcare, making a lasting impact on health and wellness.
TAPA Pillars of Success - Advocate: Protecting and enhancing the ability of PAs to provide safe, high-quality cost-efficient healthcare. This will be accomplished through: Grassroots Engagement, TAPA PA-PAC, Coalitions, Legislative Priorities - Engage: Engaging PA professionals in the Academy through opportunity and by delivering significant value. This will be accomplished through: Value, Membership Growth, Programs and Institutional Collaborations, Affiliate Relations - Promote: Utilizing effective and consistent communication strategies to promote the PA profession. This will be accomplished through: Health & Wellness Campaigns, Regional Group Relations, Internet Presence - Career Support: Establishing TAPA as the leading choice for PA education through unique programs and support for life-long career success. This will be accomplished through: Education, Connections, Mentoring, Leadership
A detailed description of the requirements/job description is attached for your review. Feel free to use this as a template to specifically outline how your services correlate to the job description.
Please include the following information with your response: - Company Overview - Company’s financial position or plan for future financial solvency - Advantages your management provides over other candidates - Membership Status ASAE/TSAE/CAE Certification Status or other Accreditation - Client List - Proposed Organizational Structure involving your company in relation to TAPA - Presence of Fidelity Bond Coverage - References (at least 3) - Proposed Executive Director Fee(s)
The deadline for submitting proposals is November 16, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SERVICES (Please specify which services your company can provide from the list below.)
1. Academy Management a. Answering TAPA telephone line/voicemail/Social Media during regular business hours; b. Serving as resource to members by providing member assistance; c. Distributing publications as requested; d. General office activities; e. Maintain administrative duties for annual recurring activities as outlined in the TAPA Bylaws, TAPA Policy Manual, and TAPA procedure Manual
2. Membership Management a. Developing and conducting membership recruitment and retention campaigns; b. Processing of membership applications, billing of dues, processing of dues; c. Tracking and reporting statistical data, analyzing membership demographics, developing membership reports; d. Managing membership databases
3. Meeting Management a. Providing pre-registration services including marketing, confirmation letters to attendees, on-site registration and staffing coordination; b. Providing assistance with site selection, contract negotiations, planning meetings, CME sessions, program development assistance, and coordination with hotel, food and beverage planning, entertainment coordination for virtual and in person meetings c. Preparing exhibitor solicitation and providing on-site exhibit management; d. Producing collateral pieces to include flyers, letters, brochures, and handout materials
4. Financial Management a. Managing Academy bookkeeping; b. At least quarterly financial reports for BOD; c. Processing reimbursements for BOD/Chairs; d. Reconciling monthly bank statements; e. Managing accounts payable/receivable; f. In conjunction with finance committee, develop operating budget for BOD approval; g. Working with an external CPA to provide information for audits and tax preparation h. Assist in growing and management of financial portfolio
5. BOD & Committee Support a. Producing Executive Director report to the BOD; b. Assisting with collection of Committee reports to the BOD; c. Handling correspondence and referral of matter to appropriate officers or Committee Chairs; d. Managing Committee appointments with President/BOD; e. Providing guidance and assistance for bylaws revisions; f. Carrying out initiatives and action items as directed; g. Providing on-going support throughout the year to the BOD members to assist with individual duties as required by their office; h. Attendance at BOD meetings is required, attendance at committee meetings is requested
6. American Academy of PAs Leadership Summit/House of Delegates Meeting a. Complete and submit Constituent Organization Annual Update Form to AAPA House Officers; b. Assist and coordinate travel for all delegates/BOD to AAPA HOD meetings and/or Leadership Summit meetings; c. Process reimbursement for all delegates for AAPA HOD meetings; d. Verify and monitor eligibility of delegation compliance in collaboration with Chief Delegate; e. Collaborate with the Chief Delegate on needed administrative duties. f. It is preferable for the Executive Director to attend all regional conferences. If any of said conferences are held out of state, TAPA’s financial budget and commitments of the Executive Director should be considered
7. Publication Services a. Writing or assist with editing copy, design, and layout of e-newsletter and website; b. Writing or assist with educational materials and brochures, including: i. membership directories; ii. recruitment brochures; iii. membership handbook; iv. educational materials
8. Public/Media Relations a. Writing and issuing news releases; b. Coordinating media activity at meeting and function; c. Assisting officers/members with media relations education as necessary
9. Legislative/Regulatory Agency Services a. Organize biennial TAPA Legislative Day retreat at the Texas Capitol; b. Work with Lobbyist (or designee) to oversee all regular and special sessions for Texas Legislature; c. Communicate with AAPA Legislative Representatives to ensure TAPA is remaining at the forefront of Federal advocacy in Texas; d. In conjunction with lobbyists, stay up-to-date on Texas Medical Board updates to regulations, requirements, and changes; e. Serve as the contact/liaison of TAPA to the heath/medical regulatory agencies
10. TAPA Political Action Committee Services a. Serve as Treasurer of the TAPA PAC; b. Financial Management of PAC account(s), in line with line item 4 listed above; c. In conjunction with PAC Trustees, solicit and record PAC investments; d. Maintain appropriate documentation in conjunction with TEC guidelines; e. Attend check presentations of campaign contributions as requested; f. Attend all meetings of PAC trustees
11. TAPA Foundation a. Ensure the activities of the TAPA Foundation are carried out as directed by TAPA Foundation Trustees and AAPA
12. Miscellaneous a. Other duties and tasks as requested by the TAPA Board of Directors
About Texas Academy of Physician Assistants (TAPA)
The Texas Academy of Physician Assistants (TAPA) is a thriving group of over 2,500 Physician Assistants and students from all across the Lone Star State. Physician Assistants (PAs) are healthcare professionals licensed to practice medicine with physician supervision. TAPA is a membership organization and is run by a volunteer Board of Directors (BOD). TAPA also has affiliations with the TAPA Political Action Committee (PA PAC) and the TAPA Foundation (a philanthropic arm of TAPA). TAPA is affiliated at the national level with the American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA).